Awesome Intergenerational Outreach Opportunity!
Our outreach committee is sponsoring an evening of Laundry Love on Monday, March 20th.
- We will be at the EZ Wash Laundromat, 4720 4th St NW (just north of Griegos) from 5:00pm-8:00pm.
- During this event we will, through the Outreach committee, be providing all of the detergent, fabric softener, and quarters for washers and dryers for anyone who comes in to do their laundry that evening.
- We would love to see many of you joining us to interact with those who come in that evening to get their laundry done. The sign-up sheet is in the gathering space.
- Unsure of what this entails? There will be a zoom orientation meeting on Wednesday, March 15 at 6:30 PM.
- Our service is not necessarily about giving others a “handout” or a “hand up.” Our service is given from the gratitude we have for God’s outpouring of love into our lives.
Did You Know?
- An average family does 400 loads of laundry a year.
- The cost of washing clothes at a laundromat could cost a family of 4 more than $64 per month.
- One and five students do not have access to clean clothes, making them more likely to miss school.
- Kids who missed school are 7 times more likely to drop out of school.
With our event on Monday, March 20th we can ease the burden for families in our neighborhood!